Tuesday, July 11, 2006

New Innovations in Evangelism

Have you been troubled by your inability to give, what you might deem, an adequate Christian witness? Do you wish to share the Gospel but often struggle with what to say or even how to say it? Do you fear that you might not be able to clearly communicate the essentials of the Gospel? Well...fear no more!

Let me introduce you to a cutting edge evangelism method that will enable you to share the Gospel to a countless number of people with clarity. You need not fear stumbling over your words any more. The method? Bathroom Stall Evangelism.

That's right. I was introduced to this effective method of evangelism this past Sunday while eating in a local steak house. I was struck with its impact while taking my youngest son to do the duty. I carefully placed him on the toilet and as he was doing the do, he pointed and asked me, "What's that?" I turned to see Bathroom Stall Evangelism.

Written in black permanent marker--a Sharpie, I assume--was the following message:

"Do you have Jesus in your heart? Without him, you can't be saved.
Trust him today as your Lord and Savior. You can't go to heaven
without Jesus!"

Now I fear that my four year old did not appreciate what was before him. I was blown away. Wow! Since so many trashy people write negative and embarrassing messages on bathroom walls, why not claim this space--as some brave brother, I hope--as holy ground for the clear proclomation of the Gospel.

I could not wait for the thought of some unsuspecting lost person having to do his business in that stall and looking up and there he would see the most important message of his life. I know he will be impressed with the person who wrote the message and his absolute disregard of the business owner's property. He will surely de drawn with the neatness of the message and how the black ink interacts so well with the blue of the stall. It might be that he recognizes his greater need right there in an humble stall in Cordele, Georgia.

Might you try this effective method? All that is needed is a Sharpie marker of your choice and a carefully worded message in a bathroom stall in the local eatery of your choice.

Have a friend you have been trying to witness to for some time? Why not treat them to lunch and invite them to use the bathroom. Who knows. It might make a complete difference for their eternity.

I pray it is so.

1 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is a joke right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home